Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Hand That I Was Dealt In Life


The hand that I was dealt in life
Was violent,dark and sad
But I kept inside a faith in God
And thanked him for what I had.

As the seas rushed in, I felt sometimes
That I'd sink into despair
But I knew somehow I'd make it through
As long as God was there.

To save myself from falling in
To the misery and pain
I 'd say a prayer to mighty God
And he'd help me to sustain.

Through all the pain and heaviness
Sometimes my faith would not endure
But I knew that God would heal the pain
That was the one thing that I was sure.

Through the years the hands got worse
But my faith was growing strong
And looking back I learned to see
The things that I'd done wrong.

I prayed to God with my heart this time
And he heard me loud and clear
He forgave me of my sins of old
And took away the fear.

I thank God for the bad and good
And for all he's done for me
In looking back at all the pain
The lessons now I see.

With faith and hope and love of God
You can make it through it all
Don't let the seas of pain and misery
Rob you of it all.

Keep faith and hope a day will come
When you too can look back and see
You played the hand the God has dealt
And got through it gracefully.


Copyright 2000
Linda LaMar

No comments: