Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lord I Could Hope


Oh Father God, there are some times in life
Through some of my suffering and my strife
To where Lord, I could hope to hear You speak out loud
For there sometimes hovers over me a dark cloud.


But since You brought to us Your Holy Word
I believe that to my cries You have heard
And sometimes you speak to us in a still small voice
If we listen to you, then we've made that wise choice.


You might not speak out loud like you used to
But I know you still love us and that's true
You still do speak to us in many different ways
And I'm grateful to You always all of my days.


Oh Lord, I could hope for more on this earth,
But You gave us much ever since our birth.
We must be more thankful for all you've given us
For sending us Your Spirit and Your Son Jesus.


Lord, I could hope to feel closer to You,
But what means the most is that You are true.
So thank you for helping me in all I've gone through,
And thank you for loving me the way that you do.


I could hope to feel closer by your side
For Lord, I can trust in You to confide.
I have to be patient until I see Your face
To hear You speak out loud in Your Heavenly Place.


by
Rachael Ruth Steward
March 1, 1997
(Thursday Church)

No comments: