Sunday, November 25, 2007

Loneliness

Dear Lord,

I don't mean to complain

But sometimes life down here gets pretty rough
It's sunny outside, but my heart's full of rain
Right now Your love just doesn't seem like enough Lord,

I know that Your plans are the best I must be patient,

Cause something better will come along
Still, its hard to not get a little upset
When I feel so lonely and everything is going wrong

I keep forgetting about You, don't I?

That's my problem, You always make things so clear
I keep looking for love on earth,
I try and try I forget all about You

When I hold the wrong things dear Lord,

I know You love me, and when I feel so alone
It's because the knowledge of Your love is still stuck in my head
It hasn't yet sunk into my heart,
I haven't made it my own

That's why my faith sometimes seems so cold and dead

When that happens, I search for something to make me alive
Wanting from humans what only You can supply
The problem's in my heart, there Your perfect love has yet to arrive

That's why I feel so confused and lost, wondering why...

Why You insist on keeping me from love that could be
I just don't realize that only You can give me what I need
No human is capable of loving me how You love me already

All I need to do is put that truth in my heart, and I'll be freed

Freed from resenting You, cause You work all things to good
Freed from worry, cause I can just trust in You
Freed from distractions, cause I'll be focusing on what I should
Freed from my heartache, cause Your love is true

Only God can give true love

Love here on earth will never be the same
The only way to find real love on earth is to look above
To get my eyes off myself and make God's will my aim

No comments: