Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sorrow Soon Dies


No human is within me to see through my eyes
To feel my sorrow, but I know sorrow soon dies.


I will be strong as long as to God I believe.
Through the power of God, Soon this sorrow will leave.


I am still grieving and the pain is still very deep,
And through many a time I'd fall on my knees and weep.


I've lost a lot of time and a lot of energy.
I was numb for the tears clouded my way to see.


No human knows everything that I had gone through.
The pain's too deep to remember all I once knew.


I'm taking baby steps to walk through that rocky road,
But Christ is there to steady me and carry my load.


I will be stronger than before one of these days,
For my faith in Jesus helps me in many ways.


The healing is gradual and to some very slow,
But through the Lord's power and love, my strengh will grow.


I have a prayer to God I want to share with you.
I hope it's helpful to everyone of you too.


Lord, through sorrow and pain, help us be stronger in you.
Show us how to be stronger in everything we do.


Your Word says if we are weak, through you, we will be strong,
Help us to grow in you and through life get along.


Find people to help us so we can help them too.
Help us to love the way you would like for us to do.


Encourage us and hold us, Comfort and mold us.
Help us to be more like Your precious Son, Jesus.


Lift us up when we're down and wipe our tears away.
Remind us that there will always be a brighter day.


We praise and thank you Lord for Your help from above,
For through You Lord, sorrow soon dies through Your tender love.


by Rachael Ruth Steward
February 1998
(Thursday Church)

No comments: